Monday, March 30, 2015

The Ecto Chronicles:The Final Draft

For quite a long time I've thought that I should go back and rewrite Soulbond. It was my first book after all and like most authors' first books, the writing doesn't hold up as well as their latter body of work. I tried to go back to it a couple of times but never ended up making anything more than a few superficial changes. I knew things needed to be changed but I didn't know what or how. Now that I'm planning to take the individual Ecto novels off of the shelf, I really want The Ecto Chronicles to have the polish it needs so that I can be done with it and don't have to look back and cringe, thinking I should have cut this changed that.

Suffice it to say that I have resolved to go through it all one last time to create a definitive manuscript. I've already started doing this and am happy to say that I'm actually making a significant amount of changes which I interpret as my plot development and writing style having developed enough that I can see a day and night contrast between my first book and the way I write now. I'm confident that by the time I'm done re-editing the Ecto books, I'll have something highly polished that I don't have to fret over any longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment