Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The brain is willing but the spirit is weak...

Glad this one's finally over. I want to take a break from writing books for a while. Perhaps that sounds funny because I don't consider myself a prolific writer. Six books in eight years and not one of them has broken a 70k word count. I can't type and I have hardly any free time, therefore it takes me forever to write anything. NaNoWriMo blows my mind. How does anyone have the time and mental constitution to write a book in a month? I like writing but it takes so much energy out of me. As a parent of two, I'm already exhausted all the time. Whenever I take on a project, even if it's just something I do on the side for fun, my brain is constantly thinking about it at all times until the project is finished. It's like starting a marathon that you can't quit. Maybe it's naive of me to think that I can "take a break" when so many of my projects are started because my inspiration has reached critical mass and essentially drags me kicking and screaming to the keyboard. And don't think that my brain was in want of more ideas when I hit the publish button for Phylum, because it wasn't. I guess what I'm saying is I want to plug my brain's ears and go la la la la la la la for as long as I can get away with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment