Monday, March 21, 2016

Short Stories

I've figured it out. I am not writing a book. I've decided to try something different. I cannot quell the torrent of nagging ideas wishing to be written into stories. If I don't get them out of my head somehow, they just sit there festering in it like that soup in the fridge from two weeks ago that you avoid dealing with but will only get worse. The biggest problem with dealing with it has always been holding onto it long enough for it to develop or become absorbed into another story while allowing it to ruin many a night of sleep. Then it takes me forever to type it all out. However, if I don't try to develop these ideas as full blown novels but instead short stories, I can greatly speed up the process of bailing these things out of my brain. Shorter gestation, shorter writing, quicker cathartic release.


Yes, short stories. I've got around a dozen ideas right now and I've already finished writing two of them out fully. It's an eclectic gathering of Sci-fi and horror but mostly magical realism and the absurd. I suppose this means that I'll have to announce the release of a short story collection at some point in the future. And no this does not mean my novel writing days are at an end, merely on hiatus...

No comments:

Post a Comment